All psychology majors are assigned faculty advisors. Students are encouraged to consult their advisors early in their programs to plan appropriate course selections. Consultation with an advisor is particularly recommended for students who are planning to attend graduate school in psychology.
The B.A. degree in psychology consists of a minimum of 35 semester hours with a PSY prefix.
Required Courses in Psychology
The following courses are required for the psychology major:
- PSY 1010 - General Psychology (3 credit hours)
- PSY 2110 - Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences (4 credit hours)
- PSY 2120 - Research Methods in Psychology (4 credit hours)
- PSY 2210 - Physiological Psychology (3 credit hours)
- PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology (3 credit hours)
- PSY 2410 - Child and Adolscent Psychology (3 credit hours)
- PSY 2510 - Social Psychology (3 credit hours)
- PSY 2710 - Abnormal Psychology (3 credit hours)
Additional Psychology Requirements
All psychology majors must complete at least three psychology courses at the 3000 level or above (excluding PSY 3910, 3920, 3940, 3970T, 3980T, 4930, 4970H, 4970T, 4980H, 4980T, and 4990H).
Required Courses outside of Psychology
All psychology majors are required to complete selected coursework in departments other than psychology.
Courses required by the College of Arts and Sciences can be found here.
Courses that will fulfill the general education requirements for Ohio University can be found here.