Clinical Psycholgy (Neuropsychology focus)
B.A. (Psychology) - Concord University M.S. (Clinical Psychology) - Ohio University
My research interests encompass topics in memory, other cognitive abilities, and stress in older adults. I have a particular interest in the many normal and abnormal changes that occur in these, as well as other areas, with aging.
- Turchik, J. A., Karpenko, V., Ogles, B. M., Demireva, P. & Probst, D. (2010). Parent and Adolescent Satisfaction with Mental Health Services: Does it Relate to Youth Diagnosis, Age, Gender, or Treatment Outcome? Community Mental Health Journal, 46(3), 282-288.
- Lovejoy, T. I., Demireva, P. D., Grayson, J., & McNamara, J. R. (2009). Advancing the practice of online psychotherapy: An application of Rogers' diffusion of innovations theory. Psychotherapy: Theory, Research, Practice, Training, 46(1), 112-124.
- Suhr, J., Demireva, P., & Heffner, K. (2008). The relation of salivary cortisol to patterns of performance on a word list learning task in healthy older adults. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 33(9), 1293-1296.
- Suhr, J., Keil, M., Demireva, P., Buelow, M., & Mark, E. (presented in February, 2007). The relationship of verbal and semantic fluency to cognitive performance in older adults. Annual meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society, Portland, OR.
- Suhr, J., Keil, M., Mark, E., Buelow, M. & Demireva, P. (presented in February, 2007). Relation of executive dysfunction to memory performance in an assisted living population. Annual meeting of the International Neuropsychological Society, Portland, OR.
- Demireva, P., Suhr, J., & Heffner, K. (June, 2008). Cortisol is inversely related to primacy but not recency effects in list learning and recall. Poster session presented at the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology, Boston, MA.
- Suhr, J., Heffner, K., & Demireva, P. (2007). Gender specific relationships between cortisol and cognitive performance. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Behavioral Medicine, Washington, DC.
- Ng, H. M., Demireva, P., McInerney, K., Merrill, J., Heffner, K., & Suhr, J. (2009). The Impact of Sleep on Memory Processes in Healthy Older Adults. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.
Personality Psychology & Abnormal Psychology