Graduate Application Process
***Application Deadline is December 1***
Please go to the website for graduate admissions at http://www.ohiou.edu/graduate/ and click on the button labeled “Apply” that appears on the left sideboard. When you scroll down, you will see one link that says “Degree-Seeking US Citizen/Permanent Resident” and another that says “Degree-Seeking International.” Click on the appropriate link and complete the application on-line. Be sure to submit the following materials:
- One (1) official transcript from each postsecondary school attended.
- Official GRE scores (Verbal, Quantitative); Psychology Subject GRE is recommended, especially if not a Psychology Major.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, preferably from psychology faculty members.
- A personal statement describing your special interests and professional goals. Include in your personal statement a rank-ordered list of the three faculty members with whom you most want to work.
- A curriculum vitae (or résumé)
Official transcripts and official reports of GRE scores cannot be uploaded as part of the online application process. Please send these materials and any other materials that cannot be submitted online to the Graduate College at the following address:
1 Ohio University
220 Research and Technology Center
Athens, OH 45701
Application Deadline is December 1
All formal application materials must be received by December 1st to be considered. We will notify you when we have received all of the necessary materials. Invitations for campus interviews are made by early February.
Ohio University is committed to offering equal education and employment opportunities and to complying with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap. Special facilities for handicapped students have been installed on campus. We especially solicit applications from qualified minority students.