Graduate Application Process
***Application Deadline is December 1***
To ensure timely review of your application please follow these three steps:
- Please go to the website for graduate admissions at http://www.ohiou.edu/graduate/ and click on the button labeled “Forms” that appears on the left sideboard, and then click on "Application for Graduate Study." When you scroll down, you will see a link that says "Take me to the APPLICATION." Click on this link and complete the application on-line.
- Send the following materials to the Office of Graduate Studies as one package:
- One (1) official transcript from each postsecondary school attended.
- Official GRE scores (Verbal, Quantitative); Psychology Subject GRE is recommended, especial if not a Psychology Major).
- The Graduate College address is:
- Graduate College
Research and Technology Center, 220
Athens, OH 45701-2979
- Send the following materials directly to the Department of Psychology:
- One copy of GRE scores (unofficial copy is acceptable).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation written on recommenders’ original letterhead stationery, accompanied by completed Ohio University Recommendation Forms; preferably from psychology faculty members.
- A copy of transcripts from all post-secondary schools you attended (unofficial copies are acceptable).
- A personal statement describing your special interests and professional goals. Include in your personal statement a rank-ordered list of the three faculty members with whom you most want to work.
- The Department of Psychology address is:
- Department of Psychology
200 Porter Hall
Athens, OH 45701
Attn: Graduate Chair
Application Deadline is December 1
All formal application materials must be received by December 1st to be considered. We will notify you when we have received all of the necessary materials. Invitations for campus interviews are made by early February.
Ohio University is committed to offering equal education and employment opportunities and to complying with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap. Special facilities for handicapped students have been installed on campus. We especially solicit applications from qualified minority students.