Advising & Resource Center
Office: Porter Hall 246
Phone: (740) 597-3206
Follow us on Twitter (@Ohio_Psych) and Facebook!
Fall Open Walk-in Advising Hours:
- Monday: 8am - 6pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday: 8am - 6pm
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 8am - 10:30am and 11am - 4pm
Feel free to stop by - no appointment necessary!
Students who are unable to come to walk-in advising hours are welcome to email questions to email@example.com . Advisors can also make appointments with students outside of office hours; please email to set up an appointment.
- Psychology Advising Tracks
- Events and Workshops
- Research and Fieldwork Opportunities
- Graduate School Preparation Information
- Awards and Scholarships
- Career Planning
Our mission is to serve undergraduate psychology majors and minors by providing them with the knowledge and skills to navigate through and maximize their undergraduate education. Our goal is to provide students with the resources and guidance to explore the field of psychology and to prepare them for graduate study and psychology-related careers.
- Academic Advising
- In addition to the students’ faculty advisors, assist students with meeting degree requirements, selecting courses, and other academic-related issues.
- Graduate School Advising
- Assist students in all aspects of graduate school preparation and the application process.
- Career Advising
- Assist students in all aspects of career preparation and the application process.
- Additional Services
- Provide handouts & books about the major, psychology-related careers, internships, graduate school, and the GRE.
- Offer workshops and events throughout the academic year to address a variety of topics related to academics, careers, and graduate school.
Advising Center Staff:
Ellen Gordon, M.S. Graduate School and Academic Advisor
Derek Zeigler, M.S. Career and Academic Advisor
Elizabeth Fillion, M.S., Academic Advisor
Stephanie Smith, M.S., Academic Advisor
Bruce Carlson, Ph.D. Probationary Student Advisor and Psychology Department Chair
Julie Suhr, Ph.D. Probationary Student Advisor
Susan Tice-Alicke, Ph.D. Director and Assistant Chair for Undergraduate Studies