Advising & Resource Center
Offices: Porter Hall 246
Phone: (740) 597-3206
Walk-in Advising Hours
Spring Semester (January 13 - April 25, 2014)
Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Students who are unable to come to walk-in advising hours are welcome to email questions to email@example.com . Advisors can also make appointments with students outside of office hours; please email to set up an appointment.
Our mission is to serve undergraduate psychology majors and minors by providing them with the knowledge and skills to navigate through and maximize their undergraduate education. Our goal is to provide students with the resources and guidance to explore the field of psychology and to prepare them for graduate study and psychology-related careers.
Some of the services of the Advising Center include:
- In addition to the students’ faculty advisors, assist students with meeting degree requirements, selecting courses, and other academic-related issues.
Graduate School Advising
- Assist students in all aspects of graduate school preparation and the application process.
- Assist students in all aspects of career preparation and the application process.
- Provide handouts & books about the major, psychology-related careers, internships, graduate school, and the GRE.
- Offer workshops throughout the academic year to address a variety of topics related to academics, careers, and graduate school.
Advising Center Staff
Ellen Gordon, M.S. Graduate School Advisor
Allison Tenbrink, M.S. Academic Advisor
Elizabeth Dyczewski, M.S. Career Advisor
Bruce Carlson, Ph.D. Probationary Student Advisor and Psychology Department Chair
Julie Suhr, Ph.D. Probationary Student Advisor
Susan Tice-Alicke, Ph.D. Director and Assistant Chair for Undergraduate Studies